Ace recognizes its Vendors of the Year
Oak Brook, Ill.-based Ace Hardware Corp. recognized seven vendors for their superior commitment and service to the hardware cooperative, its retailers and customers at the 2014 Spring Convention and Exhibits held February 24-26 in Houston.
This year’s collection of Ace Vendor of the Year award winners are:
• Allway Tools, a premier manufacturer of paint sundries and specialized tools, based in the Bronx, N.Y.
• Berry Plastics, a leading provider of value-added plastic consumer packaging and engineered materials, based in Evansville, Ind.
• DeWalt, a leading manufacturer of industrial power tools, based in Baltmiore, Md.
• Duracell, headquartered in Toronto and part of the Procter & Gamble Company, Durcell is one of the world’s foremost manufacturers of high-performance alkaline batteries.
• Scotts, a premier brand of fertilizers and grass seed, part of the Scotts Miracle-Gro Company, based in Marysville, Ohio.
• W. J. Dennis, the Ace Hardware International Vendor of the Year, based in Elgin, Ill., a leading manufacturer of weatherstripping products.
In addition, Leominster, Mass., based Leaktite, a leading manufacturer of buckets, pails, trays and liners, was recognized as the Ace Hardware Foundation Vendor of the Year. In 2013, Leaktite created the colorful, standout buckets used during the Foundation’s first-ever bucket promotion benefitting Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
“The vendors that we celebrate this week demonstrate an industry-leading product management and development discipline, meet our rigid supply chain requirements and actively assist Ace in driving sales,” said Frank Carroll, General Merchandise Manager, Ace Hardware Corporation.