- In Australia, Masters Home Improvement is open for business
- In Australia, Lowe's venture acquires five stores
- James Hardie civil trial underway in Australia
- PPG to acquire Barloworld Coatings Australia
- Sales increase at Simpson Manufacturing
- Generational differences exist, but beware stereotypes
- Weyerhaeuser to sell Australian mills
An article in Smart Company of Australia describes theories on independent success in the face of a new super chain.
Things are different in Australia, where the big boxes account for a mere 25% of the home improvement business, as opposed to a 75% share in the United States. But according to Retail Doctor Group managing director Brian Walker, recommendation No. 1 is a familiar phrase: Focus on service.
Australian retailer Woolworths and U.S.-based Lowe’s are rolling out a home improvement brand called Masters.