Makita expands 18V lithium-ion lineup
La Mirada, Calif.-based Makita offered a preview of new products in its production pipeline, including circular saws, brushless driver-drills and compact band saws.
The company's preview, announced today, includes:
•18V X2 LXT Lithium-Ion (36V) 7-1/4" Circular Saw (XSH01Z tool only). With a 7-1/4" blade, the XSH01Z is designed for framers, roofers, remodelers, masons and more. (Coming winter 2014.)
• 18V LXT BL Brushless Lithium-Ion ½" Hammer Driver-Drill (XPH07) and XPH07Z (tool only). Positioned at the top of Makita’s deep line-up of driver-drills, the XPH07 is a workhorse tool for the most demanding drilling and driving applications. (Coming summer 2014.)
• 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Compact Portable Band Saw Kit (XBP01) and XPB01Z (tool only). Offers faster cutting speed and 2-1/2" capacity in a more compact size, with the fastest charge time. (Coming spring 2014.)
• 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Compact Recipro Saw Kit (XRJ01) and XRJ01 Z (tool only). Provides the convenience of "tool-less" blade changes and a fast charge time. (Coming spring 2014.)
• 18V LXT Lithium-Ion BL Brushless 1/2" Hammer Driver-Drill (XPH06) and XPH06Z (tool only). Includes Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) for increased resistance to dust and moisture that are found on all jobsites. (Coming in winter 2014.) Available now in a combo kit (18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless 2-Pc Combo Kit, XT248, which includes XPH06Z and XDT08Z Impact Driver).
• 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 4.0 Ah Battery (BL1840). The Makita 4.0 Ah battery provides contractors with longer run time and delivers a category-leading charge time, the company claims. (Coming summer 2014.)