Master Lock stresses education during National Preparedness Month
In observance of September's National Preparedness Month, Master Lock is launching a campaign aimed at educating consumers on basic emergency preparation guidelines.
Among the tips offered by Master Lock are:
• Signing up for alerts from FEMA;
• Understanding common terms used by news and weather reporters;
• Keeping digital copies of important documents such as passports and insurance policies;
• Create a family evacuation plan; and
• Build an emergency disaster kit containing water, non-perishable food items, a radio, flashlight, batteries, first aid supplies and more
"We often think that emergencies won't happen to us," said Mario Armstrong, a Master Lock representative. "In reality, emergencies catch families off guard all the time, which can make our digital lives very vulnerable. Technology is making it easier than ever to stay informed of emergencies and safeguard what's most important in these situations -- our loved ones, our digital memories and the items that can help us with a speedy recovery."