Niblock named chairman of RILA
The Retail Industry Leaders Association has named its board of directors for 2008, with the CEO of Lowe’s set to serve as chairman of the trade group.
Robert Niblock, chairman and CEO of Lowe’s, will head the board of the organization, which serves as an advocacy group for the retail industry.
Niblock is joined by new board members representing various retail channels, including Eduardo Castro-Wright, president and CEO of Wal-Mart Stores; Richard Dreiling, CEO of Dollar General Corp.; and Eric Wiseman, president and CEO of clothing company VF Corp.
Other members of the group’s board of directors for 2008 are:
• Gregg Steinhafel (vice chairman) president and CEO of Target
• William C. Rhodes (treasurer), chairman, president and CEO of AutoZone
• Brad H. Anderson (immediate past chairman) vice chairman and CEO, Best Buy
• Sally Jewell, president and CEO, Recreational Equipment
• Robert Moran, president and CEO, PetSmart
• James M. Myers, CEO of PETCO Animal Supplies
• Jeffrey A. Rein, chairman and CEO, Walgreen Co.
• Sandra L. Kennedy, president, Retail Industry Leaders Association
• Joseph W. McClanathan, president and CEO, Energizer Battery
• Michael B. Polk, president of Unilever Americas; Unilever
• Jeffrey R. Smith, global managing director, Accenture Retail Industry
• Bruce Westbrook, national managing director, consumer and industrial products, Deloitte Consulting Deloitte & Touche
• Andrea J. Ayers, business unit president, Convergys.