NLBMDA announces new leadership team
San Antonio -- The National Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association (NLBMDA) has announced its new leadership team installed on Oct. 26 at the ProDealer Industry Summit.
At the association's annual meeting, the NLBMDA board of directors elected Cally Coleman Fromme, executive VP of Zarsky Lumber, as the association's new chair, replacing outgoing chair Joe Collings of Ferguson Lumber. Fromme is the first woman to lead the association in its 94-year history.
"For more than 90 years, the NLBMDA has been the voice of the building material industry working to promote, protect and advance the interests of dealers nationwide. I am extremely proud to be carrying on the legacy of my predecessors working to make our industry stronger, while dealing with the many challenges we are facing in this difficult economic climate," Fromme said. "The housing and building industry is particularly challenged by the current political climate, and we will be promoting this industry, educating and assisting legislators, and being 'at the table' when legislation and regulations are being formulated. In unity with our manufacturers, producers and state associations, the NLBMDA is our effective voice on Capitol Hill at a time when our experienced voice of reason and common sense needs to be clear and strong."
Fromme previously served as president of the Lumbermen's Association of Texas and Louisiana.
The other members of the 2011-2012 NLBMDA Executive Committee are:
• Chair-Elect: Chuck Bankston, Bankston Lumber, Barnesville, Ga.;
• First Vice Chair: Chris Yenrick, Smith-Phillips Building Supply, Winston-Salem, N.C.;
• Second Vice Chair: J.D. Saunders, Economy Lumber, Campbell, Calif.;
• Treasurer: Linda Nussbaum, Kleet Lumber Co., Huntington, N.Y.;
• Manufacturers & Services Council Chair: Bob Harden, Dow Building Solutions, Jenkintown, Pa.;
• Federated Association Executives Chair: Jim Moody, Construction Suppliers Association, Tyrone, Ga.;
• Immediate Past Chair: Joe Collings, Ferguson Lumber, Rockville, Ind.; and
• President: Michael O'Brien, NLBMDA, Washington, D.C.
The ProDealer Industry Summit is co-sponsored by the NLBMDA and Home Channel News.