Solar fusion: Industry groups form alliance
The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) and the U.S. Solar Heating and Cooling Council (SHC Council) launched the U.S. Solar Heating & Cooling Alliance (SHC Alliance).
The Alliance is focused on growing the solar heating and cooling market through reducing barriers and advocating for policies on the federal, state and local levels.
The newly elected leaders of the U.S. Solar Heating & Cooling Alliance are:
- Chair Mike Healy, Skyline Innovations;
- Vice Chair Matt Carlson, Sunnovations;
- Treasurer Eileen Prado, SRCC (Solar Rating & Certification Corporation); and
- Rotating members Les Nelson, IAMPO (International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials) and Ole Pilgaard, Heliodyne.
“We’re thrilled that this partnership between SEIA and the U.S. solar heating and cooling (SHC) industry has been established to focus on securing pathways to greater deployment of solar heating and cooling technologies,” said newly elected SHC Alliance Chairman Mike Healy. “This collaboration will empower us to heighten awareness of this technology and the benefits it can provide to families and businesses.”
The SHC Alliance will be governed collaboratively by SEIA and the Alliance’s governing body, the U.S. Solar Heating and Cooling Council.
The new SHC Alliance outlined its objectives:
- To catalyze a common vision and raise awareness with all stakeholders, including policymakers, potential customers, investors and financiers;
- To serve as the coordinated go-to voice on industry issues to ensure stakeholder interests are protected;
- To energize the industry through collaboration and funding of collective priorities; and
- To take action to maintain and develop markets for SHC businesses to be a success.