True Value recognizes ‘13 best hardware stores’
True Value recently recognized 13 True Value hardware stores as winners of its inaugural “Best Hardware Store in Town”’ nationwide program, which aims to recognize high-performing stores.
The Chicago-based co-op recognized one store from each of its retail regions as “consistently delivering a superior shopping experience; providing a knowledgeable and helpful staff; offering a well-stocked, clean store; and providing a local market-focused product selection.”
“Our vision is to help every True Value be the ‘best hardware store in town,’ and these 13 stores represent what it takes to exceed customer expectations,” said Lyle Heidemann, president and CEO of True Value.
Stores were self-nominated and went through a series of selection processes until regional managers narrowed down the top candidates. Mystery shoppers then visited each store to gain a customer’s perspective. Store evaluation criteria included physical appearance, product selection, competitive pricing, promotional activity and customer assistance.
The 13 winning retailers and their store locations are:
• Jerry D. Bryant, True Value Home Center, Oakhurst, Calif.
• Erik Burkman, Brandon True Value, Brandon, S.D.
• Paul Cain, Cain True Value Hardware, Carthage, Texas
• Donald Keller, K&K True Value Hardware, Bettendorf, Iowa
• Jeff Lobb, Cameron’s True Value Hardware, Oxford, Pa.
• Max Merrick, Horns True Value Hardware, Portales, N.M.
• Shelley Moeller, Harpeth True Value Hardware, Franklin, Tenn.
• Thomas A. Morrow, Arthur’s True Value Hardware, Orchard Park, N.Y.
• Warren E. Sawyer, Sawyer’s True Value, The Dalles, Ore.
• Joseph J. Scapin Jr., Lee Hardware True Value, Lee, Mass.
• Robert Schmidt, Gasser True Value, Maquoketa, Iowa
• Bob Swanson, Swanson Hardware Supply, Vineland, N.J.
• Jim Waters, Waters True Value, Salina, Kan.